What You Will Learn
Organisations strive to improve their business agility to provide valuable products and services in a changing world. To improve business agility, organisations have to transform the culture and mindset which they do by using different principles, frameworks, disciplines, and methodologies such as Agile, Lean, and DevOps.
To succeed there is an even greater need for accelerated quality. This is not achievable if all responsibility for quality remains in the individual teams or specific roles such as testers. Therefore, test management moves to quality management and organisations need to adopt quality assistance across the organisation as well as within delivery teams. This changes the role of quality assurance and test professionals to be closer to agile test leadership and to fostering a quality culture and mindset.
The ISTQB® Agile Test Leadership at Scale (CT-ATLaS) certification focuses on how to organize and improve quality and testing across multiple teams in an agile organization. It also covers how to approach quality and testing at a strategic level in order to achieve higher business agility in an organization. CT-ATLaS covers how to scale testing and quality assurance efforts by fostering a quality mindset and culture across the organization. This includes shifting from a traditional test management approach typically used in sequential development models to a quality assistance approach which builds on Lean and Agile principles and values. It also includes how to adopt common Lean and Agile techniques and processes for analyzing and solving problems and how to use them to improve testing and quality in the organization.
- A new approach to Quality Assistance and important skills supporting it
- How to improve quality and flow of a value stream
- How to use systems thinking and root cause analysis to address complex quality problems
- How to create and implement an organisational test strategy
- How to adapt test processes to an agile organisation
By taking this course you will learn:
- How to promote and implement quality assistance as an approach to quality and test management.
- The importance of change leadership, quality coaching, facilitation, and training skills to succeed with quality assistance.
- To analyze a value stream to identify waste and other quality and testing issues using basic metrics.
- To use a Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle to address a quality problem at an organisational level.
- How systems thinking and root cause analysis support a quality assistance approach.
- To identify root causes using a causal loop diagram.
- How an organizational test strategy can be created and implemented in a value-driven organisation.
- Implement assessment techniques to validate that testing aligns with business and technical needs.
- To analyse how agile test leadership fits in an organisation using an agile scaling framework.
- How to structure challenging test activities and test processes to fit business agility using a quality assistance approach
- To analyse which test activities should be performed by stream-aligned teams and which should be performed by specialised service teams
What Is Included
- ISTQB® Certified Tester ATLaS certification exam
For more details regarding the examination, see Exam Structure on ISTQB’s website.
- Attendee workbook
Who Will Benefit
The Agile Test Leadership at Scale certification is aimed at people who work in an organisation which is pursuing agility at scale or business agility, and who already understand agile and agile testing. This certification will be a great benefit for people working in roles such as: Test Manager, Head of Testing, Test Analyst, Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance, Quality Coach, Member of an Agile Team, Member of the leader group of multiple Agile Teams, Project Manager, Release Train Engineer, Scrum Master.
Mette Bruhn-Pedersen has many years of experience in software testing and has worked as a tester, test manager and test leader in both classic and agile projects/organisations.
She is passionate about quality and testing and has promoted the profession in Denmark and internationally through her engagement in Danish Software Testing Board (DSTB) and International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB®). In ISTQB®, Mette is the product owner of ATLaS and together with a dedicated task force, she has developed the certification. In addition, she is the chair of the Advanced and Expert level working group, where she contributes to the strategic direction of the ISTQB® scheme and the core certifications on advanced and expert level.
In addition, Mette is an experienced agile transformation leader and coach.She has helped organisations increase their agility using various agile frameworks and methods. Her experience ranges from clients who are piloting agile for the first time with no prior agile experience to clients who have used agile methods for several years and want to take it to the next level.
Mette has a strong focus on enabling people through training and coaching. She has helped people in many different roles improve their agility and to successfully transition to new roles and responsibilities.
Mette is a certified Agility Health® Facilitator Trainer and SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC).
Price – Regular:
11,900 DKK excl. VAT
Special promotion price until Christmas:
8,900 DKK excl. VAT
Note that all material is in English.
Teaching sessions, a number of engaging exercises, and discussions based on the participants’ experience.
Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy:
Course registration is considered binding when Safe Journey has issued the payment invoice.
In case of cancellation by the course participant with more than 10 working days notice Safe Journey will refund the full course fee. In case of later cancellation the course fee will not be refunded.
Safe Journey reserves the right to cancel the course with 5 working days notice if fewer than the minimum number of participants have registered and paid. Course participants can sign up for the same course on another date or get a full refund of the course fee.
Safe Journey reserves the right to decline participation if the course fee is not received in advance.
See our complete Terms and Conditions for details.