What You Will Learn
To compete in a disruptive global market, every organization needs to deliver valuable technology solutions at the speed of business. This requires a shared DevOps mindset among all the people needed to define, build, test, deploy, and release software-driven systems—not just the engineers operating a CI/CD pipeline.
The two-day, interactive course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
Safe Journey includes a 30-minute personal coaching session in this SAFe® DevOps course.
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
What Is Included
The training course includes a 30-minute personal coaching session.
- Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SDP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other certified SAFe professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- The exam fee is included in the course fee.
The certification expires one year from the date the certification is earned.
The renewal fee is $100.
For more details regarding the examination, see Exam & Certification Details on Scaled Agile’s website.
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certificate of completion
- SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification upon passing of exam
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who Will Benefit
The following will benefit from this course
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
Mette Bruhn-Pedersen is an experienced agile transformation leader and coach.
She has helped clients increase their agility using various agile frameworks and methods. Her experience ranges from clients who are piloting agile for the first time with no prior agile experience to clients who have used agile methods for several years and want to take it to the next level.
Mette has a strong focus on enabling people through training and coaching. She has helped people in many different roles improve their agility and to successfully transition to new roles and responsibilities.
Besides Agile transformation, Mette is also an expert in software testing and has worked as a tester, test manager and test leader in both classic and agile projects/organisations.
Mette is a certified Agility Health® Facilitator Trainer and SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC).
Anne Christine Salomonsen is a certified SAFe trainer and agile coach. During the past 5 years Anne has worked with agile transformation and implemented agile teams and processes. Today Anne works for a pension fund as a Release Train Engineer (RTE).
She has previously worked with agile transformation in the financial sector in a variety of roles such as chief product owner, project and program manager as well as head of PMO.
Anne holds a graduate diploma in management accounting and process management. In addition, she has worked with process optimisation as well as risk management and compliance.
Price – Early Bird (until 20th of November 2020):
8,000 DKK excl. VAT
Price – Regular:
9,800 DKK excl. VAT
English (Danish if all course participants speak Danish fluently)
Teaching sessions, a number of engaging exercises, and discussions based on the participants’ experience.
After the course you will get a 30-minute personal coaching session with the trainer (optional).
All necessary precautions are taken following the rules and recommendations from the Danish authorities (Sundhedsstyrelsen). You can read the guidelines here: COVID-19: Forebyggelse af smittespredning
Some of the precautions are:
- Required distance between participants as well as between the trainer and participants
- Lunch served individually
- Single-use face masks (if you want to take extra precautions)
Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy:
Course registration is considered binding when Safe Journey has issued the payment invoice.
In case of cancellation by the course participant with more than 10 working days notice Safe Journey will refund the full course fee. In case of later cancellation the course fee will not be refunded.
Safe Journey reserves the right to cancel the course with 5 working days notice if fewer than the minimum number of participants have registered and paid. Course participants can sign up for the same course on another date or get a full refund of the course fee.
Safe Journey reserves the right to decline participation if the course fee is not received in advance.
See our complete Terms and Conditions for details.