What You Will Learn
In this two-day course, you will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
You will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Safe Journey includes a 30-minute personal coaching session in this SAFe® Scrum Master course.
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
What Is Included
The training course includes a 30-minute personal coaching session.
The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe® 4 Scrum Master certification exam.
The exam fee is included in the course fee.
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 4 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certification of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who Will Benefit
The following will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners
- Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers,
- PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
The following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Mette Bruhn-Pedersen, Agile Transformation Leader and Partner.
Mette is an experienced SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) and Agile transformation leader.
She has hands-on experience using SAFe as a team member in an agile team, an agile coach and transformation leader. Mette has helped clients define value streams, launch and run Solution and Agile Release Trains (team of teams) and build high-performing Agile teams.
Mette has a strong focus on enabling people through training and coaching. Since 2014 Mette has helped people in many different roles improve their agility and to successfully transition to new roles and responsibilities.
Besides Agile transformation, Mette is also an expert in software testing and has worked as a tester, test manager and test leader in both classic and agile projects/organisations.
In her sparetime Mette promotes agile methodologies, quality assurance and test in Denmark and abroad. She regularly speaks at conferences around the world.
Pris – Early Bird (until 1st of November 2019):
8699,- excl. VAT
Price – Regular:
9999,- excl. VAT
Teaching sessions, a number of engaging exercises, and discussions based on the participants’ experience.
After the course you will get a 30-minute personal coaching session with the trainers (optional).
Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy:
Course registration is considered binding when Safe Journey has issued the payment invoice.
In case of cancellation by the course participant with more than 10 working days notice Safe Journey will refund the full course fee. In case of later cancellation the course fee will not be refunded.
Safe Journey reserves the right to cancel the course with 5 working days notice if fewer than the minimum number of participants have registered and paid. Course participants can sign up for the same course on another date or get a full refund of the course fee.
Safe Journey reserves the right to decline participation if the course fee is not received in advance.