What You Will Learn
This two-day course provides a comprehensive overview for and the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe®4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM).
During the course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what you can do to effectively perform you role.
You will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments.
Finally, you learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
Safe Journey includes a 30-minute personal coaching session in this SAFe® PO/PM course.
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
What Is Included
The training course includes a 30-minute personal coaching session.
The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager certification exam.
The exam fee is included in the course fee.
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certificate
- A SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification usage guide with POPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certification of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who Will Benefit
The following will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners
- Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers,
- PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
The following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Mette Bruhn-Pedersen, Agile Transformation Leader and Partner.
Mette is an experienced SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) and Agile transformation leader.
She has hands-on experience using SAFe as a team member in an agile team, an agile coach and transformation leader. Mette has helped clients define value streams, launch and run Solution and Agile Release Trains (team of teams) and build high-performing Agile teams.
Mette has a strong focus on enabling people through training and coaching. Since 2014 Mette has helped people in many different roles improve their agility and to successfully transition to new roles and responsibilities.
Besides Agile transformation, Mette is also an expert in software testing and has worked as a tester, test manager and test leader in both classic and agile projects/organisations.
In her sparetime Mette promotes agile methodologies, quality assurance and test in Denmark and abroad. She regularly speaks at conferences around the world.
Price – Regular:
9999,- excl. VAT
Teaching sessions, a number of engaging exercises, and discussions based on the participants’ experience.
After the course you will get a 30-minute personal coaching session with the trainers (optional).
Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy:
Course registration is considered binding when Safe Journey has issued the payment invoice.
In case of cancellation by the course participant with more than 10 working days notice Safe Journey will refund the full course fee. In case of later cancellation the course fee will not be refunded.
Safe Journey reserves the right to cancel the course with 5 working days notice if fewer than the minimum number of participants have registered and paid. Course participants can sign up for the same course on another date or get a full refund of the course fee.
Safe Journey reserves the right to decline participation if the course fee is not received in advance.