What You Will Learn
This two-day course provides a comprehensive overview for understanding the DevOps competencies needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will map the current value stream through their delivery pipeline from idea to cash, and identify practices that will eliminate bottlenecks to flow.
The course will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand. Attendees will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery. It helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
Attendees will leave with the tools they need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the knowledge they need to support the plan. The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
Safe Journey includes a 30-minute personal coaching session in this SAFe® DevOps course.
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the CALMR approach to DevOps, why it is so important, and be able to explain it to others
- Understand the importance of continuous integration, continuous testing, and be ready to apply it
- Apply the concepts of continuous security
- Map their current delivery pipeline
- Measure the flow of value through the delivery pipeline
- Identify gaps and delays in flow
- Improve the process of exploring customer needs
- Improve the process of developing, building, and integrating continuously
- Improve the process of continuously deploying to staging and production environments
- Improve the release process
- Execute an action plan for their DevOps transformation
What Is Included
The training course includes a 30-minute personal coaching session.
The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
The exam fee is included in the course fee.
Becoming a Certified SAFe 4 DevOps Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
- SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certification of completion
- SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification upon passing of exam
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who Will Benefit
The following will benefit from this course
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
Mette Bruhn-Pedersen, Agile Transformation Leader and Partner.
Mette is an experienced SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) and Agile transformation leader.
She has hands-on experience using SAFe as a team member in an agile team, an agile coach and transformation leader. Mette has helped clients define value streams, launch and run Solution and Agile Release Trains (team of teams) and build high-performing Agile teams.
Mette has a strong focus on enabling people through training and coaching. Since 2014 Mette has helped people in many different roles improve their agility and to successfully transition to new roles and responsibilities.
Besides Agile transformation, Mette is also an expert in software testing and has worked as a tester, test manager and test leader in both classic and agile projects/organisations.
In her sparetime Mette promotes agile methodologies, quality assurance and test in Denmark and abroad. She regularly speaks at conferences around the world.
Nils Boe Eriksen, Solution Architect, Atlassian Consultant.
Nils has +20 years of experience in designing and implementing complex commerce solution across platforms with a focus on automation, scalability and high availability.
Nils has +10 years of experience by implementing it solutions using agile methodologies across locations, vendors and interest. – covering the gap between business and IT.
Including coaching organisations transformation into working agile and becoming high performing teams.
Since 2015 Nils has been maturing and transforming enterprise organisations into SAFe. With practical experience as both Scrum Master, Product Owner, Release Train Engineer.
Price – Early Bird (until 15th of November 2019):
8699,- excl. VAT
Price – Regular:
9999,- excl. VAT
Teaching sessions, a number of engaging exercises, and discussions based on the participants’ experience.
After the course you will get a 30-minute personal coaching session with the trainers (optional).
Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy:
Course registration is considered binding when Safe Journey has issued the payment invoice.
In case of cancellation by the course participant with more than 10 working days notice Safe Journey will refund the full course fee. In case of later cancellation the course fee will not be refunded.
Safe Journey reserves the right to cancel the course with 5 working days notice if fewer than the minimum number of participants have registered and paid. Course participants can sign up for the same course on another date or get a full refund of the course fee.
Safe Journey reserves the right to decline participation if the course fee is not received in advance.