When an organisation embarks on an Agile journey often it will continue to need people with project management competencies. The classic project manager can successfully take on an Agile role. Being able to do that requires understanding the mindset behind the Agile approach and learning new techniques.
In this course, we map terms and concepts in the classic project management models to the corresponding ones in Agile. Often there is not a one-to-one which can cause challenges for a classic project manager and to organisations in general. We also discuss the preconditions for using an Agile approach.
Then we cover the typical new Agile roles and what the responsibilities are. In Agile the role Project Manager does not exist, but there still is a need for similar competencies. We will discuss which Agile roles take over the various responsibilities of a classic project manager.
Furthermore, based on a well-known personality model, we will discuss what personality types fit with the different Agile roles – and where the best fit is for you.
The course fee includes a 30-minute personal coaching session with one of the trainers of your choice.
By the end of this course you will
- Understand and be able to apply a set of Agile principles in your current work
- Understand how projects in your organization that are already using an Agile method is governed and improve the collaboration if you are dependent on each other
- Be able to see and prepare yourself for Agile roles that you can take on in the future
- Lower your concerns about the ongoing Agile change
- Be prepared to attend training courses in specific Agile methods such as Scrum and SAFe
- Receive a 30-minute personal coaching session with one of the trainers of your choice
The training course includes teaching sessions, a number of engaging exercises, and discussions about real-world projects.
You may work as a project manager or have some project management experience and are interested in learning about the Agile approach. Maybe your organization is starting some Agile projects along with its traditional project formats, or you are considering taking on an Agile assignment yourself. Maybe you have worked in an Agile project for a while and you struggle to make it work or to see how you can develop your career going forward.
No prior knowledge of Agile methods is required.
Agile for Project Managers is a 1-day course.
Next Course Dates
To be determined
How to Register
Safe Journey is offering the course in collaboration with Best Brains Academy and xpqf.
Please buy your ticket at Best Brains Academy, see link for each course date.